South African Nursing Council
Regulations Regarding rolls for Pupil Nursing Auxiliaries
The Minister of Health, in terms of section 11(1) of the Nursing Act, 1957 (Act 69 of 1957), as amended, has approved the following regulations regarding rolls for pupil nursing auxiliaries, made by the South African Nursing Council:
Particulars to be entered in the rolls
1. The following particulars shall be entered in the roll in respect of each pupil nursing auxiliary:
Admission to the rolls
2. (1) An application for enrolment in the form of Annexure A (together with the applicant's birth certificate in the case of a white pupil) and an amount of eighty-two rand and forty-six cents (R82,46), excluding VAT shall be lodged with the Council within two (2) months of the date of commencement of training. If the application is lodged later, only the training undergone two (2) months prior to the lodging date shall be recognised.
(2) In the case of a Coloured or Indian or Bantu pupil, the names reflected in the application shall be the names appearing on the identity document or the reference book.
(3) A certificate of enrolment shall be issued in a form determined by the Council.
Removal from the rolls
3. The name of a pupil shall be removed from the roll-
Restoration to the rolls
4. (1) An application for restoration and an amount of eighty-two rand and forty-six cents (R82,46), excluding VAT shall be lodged in the form of Annexure A within two (2) months of the date of resumption of training. If application is lodged later, only the training undergone two (2) months prior to the lodging date shall be recognised.
(2) A certificate of restoration shall be issued in a form determined by the Council.
Change of name
5. A pupil shall notify the Council, in writing, of a change of name by marriage or other process of law. The Council may require documentary or other proof of the change. In the case of marriage, the marriage certificate shall be submitted. Documents shall be returned.
Application to the territory of South-West Africa
6. These regulations shall also apply in the territory.
THE SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL
APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT OR RE-ENROLMENT AS A PUPIL NURSING AUXILIARY
Signature of pupil
(1) State 'White', 'Coloured', 'Indian' or 'Bantu'.
(2) Delete what does not apply.
(3) If the reply to any of these questions is 'yes', full details must be submitted with the application.
© 2004-2020 South African Nursing Council (Under the provisions of the Nursing Act, 2005)