||Nursing Education Institutions
South African Nursing Council Examination Schedule -
The Examination Schedule for 2006 can be accessed
on this website.
Kindly take note of the following requirements applicable to the Council examinations.
- The closing date for examinations should be strictly adhered to and no exceptions or allowances
will be made to extend these dates.
- Only registered students/pupils will be eligible to enter for an examination, the head of the
institution must ensure that all students/pupils are registered with the Council within the
prescribed period (this does not apply to the Admission Examination for Enrolled Nursing or to
the Admission Examination for Foreign Nurses).
- The Council will only process examination applications that meet the following requirements:
- submitted on the Councilís Application for Examination Form which is completed in full and
signed by the relevant person;
- accompanied by the prescribed fee or proof of payment of the fee into the Councilís bank
- includes all the required documentation.
- Only those students/pupils that have been issued an examination number will be eligible to write
- All practical Mark Sheets must be submitted to Council by the end of the month in which the
examination is written. Examination results cannot be processed if practical mark sheets are
not submitted on time.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel an examination reflected on the schedule if there
are insufficient candidates for such an examinations.
Registrar and Chief Executive Officer